For online businesses, it is said that, “If you build it, they will come”. But with the course of time this saying has changed completely and it is now, “If you build it right, then only they will come”.
Printing business is both B2B and B2C sales so extra care and attention is needed when you are trying to attract customers and making most of your investment. Building website for online presence is just the beginning of story, but there’s more to it when it comes to printing services.
Few decades back no one has thought that printing can be revolutionized with technology and can be such a glamorous business. With technologies like web to print, variable data printing, advanced on demand publishing software, and many more software, printing businesses gained competitive advantage. When it comes to promoting online printing business, you must have read all generic tips of building website, email marketing, social media presence, discounts and offers and much more.
We are presenting a step by step process on how to promote your online printing business with complete tips and back end work which you must put –
1. Build your Website, Perfectly – First things first and as we said earlier, “If you build it right, then only they will come”, this goes very well with building website. Select an eCommerce or Web to Print solution which will satisfy all your business needs. Once your application is setup, while building your online printing website, define your website map first. Decide what all content you want to include in your website like pages for About Us, Your Team, customer Testimonials, Product Pages, Blogs, Contact Us, Offers and Discounts, Support, Return or Refund Policy, Terms & Conditions etc.
How to start – Go for a static kind of website with minimum number of pages. Some of the standard pages you should include in very first cut are – About Us, Contact Us, Product Pages and Blog page. Blog page is very important and we will cover in coming points how it adds credibility to your website. All the eCommerce website solutions available in the market allows the flexibility of adding pages as you go and as per your requirements. So, to start with minimum number of pages and keep on adding new pages will help in keeping your website refresh and there will be something new every time someone visits your website.
2. SEO for Website – Once your basic website pages are done, start doing SEO for it. You would have heard the term again and again but will not be having idea about what it is and how to do that. SEO is combination of few tips and tricks to enable Google search engine to crawl your website pages to appear in Google search results. SEO enables you to reach your customers when they are looking for you or similar product or services they need.
How to start – Don’t look for doing everything by your own. There are number of affordable freelancers available online, who can do SEO for your website and get you results. If you are looking for setting up a marketing team, go for hiring in-house SEO. SEO will take care of all the basic SEO requirements for all website pages like setting up Title Tags, Meta Tags, Keyword Density etc. If your marketing budget allows, you can also opt for paid digital marketing mediums like Google AdWords, PPC, AdRoll etc.
You can also opt for hiring a digital marketing agency that can help us you in building complete marketing plan around your business.
3. Social Media Marketing – Social media marketing will not necessarily give you direct customers, but helps you in establishing your brand presence.Since printing industry is full of artwork, colours and eye catching designs, you can make your social media accounts quirky and appealing for customers.
How to start – Create your accounts on facebook, twitter and linkedin. Once you are up with these three, you can start using Flickr, Pinterest and Instagram. Keep in mind that the visuals appeal more than anything else over social media. When done right social media can give you right number of leads or potential customers.
4. E-mail Marketing – Once your website is ready and SEO is done, traffic will start coming over your website. Create newsletter sign-up form and inquiry page so that you can collect customers’ email ID and these can serve as your target list for e-mail marketing. Check the navigation and flow of customers across your website with the help of Google analytics, so that you can check which pages are they visiting, which are the exit pages and other relevant information. Google analytics is one such tool which can help you in this and its available for free.
How to start –Start building your own email marketing list and keep on engaging with the subscribed customers. You can also go for purchased database from third party services for promotional mailer. There are email marketing tools available in market which are easy to use and affordable. Some of the examples are mail chimp, campaign monitor, YMLP, Send Grid etc. These will help you in sending mails and driving more traffic to your website.
5. Nothing can replace quality of services –All things said and done, but nothing can replace quality of services and products. Make sure your printing is in sync with the advanced technologies. Focus on customer service and consistency in quality of deliverables. Gone are the days when people will get in touch with you over phone to place their printing order. These days’ internet is the one thing which solves every problem easily and that’s the reason why big printing marketplaces like VistaPrint, Zazzle, PrintBazaar are making huge profits by offering a one-stop solution to their customers for all printing needs.
How to start – On your website, give some of the new technologies like product personalization to your customers. There are many easy to configure web based product personalization software available in market which will not only give an edge to your website but also enhance customer experience via generating online price quotes, unique customer accounts, inbuilt workflow approvals, creating central repository of customer artworks and online printing advantages.
So, these are some of the tips and tricks which can help you in promoting your online printing business. Design’N’Buy is one of the most preferred printing software provider and thus, we can help you in making your journey smooth towards web-to-print adoption, implementation and success.