“Driven by the growing awareness about Internet among print clients and their willingness to place online orders, the global market for web-to-print software is projected to reach $869 million by the year 2017.”
Source: Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
In today’s climate of cutting cost and improving efficiencies, more and more print service providers, publishers and printing businesses are adopting web2print solutions to simplify their business processes, offering personalized experience to their customers, and reducing operational costs.
Web2Print solutions are basically browser based applications that facilitates commerce, collaboration and customer service interaction between print service providers and their customers. Buyers can now directly access print catalogues, customize print requests, proof jobs, and complete purchasing and financial processes using online, integrated systems.
The advantages of Web-to-Print solutions are many, but here is a list of important ones that have resulted in their quick adoption:
- Print houses can open public or private online storefronts or catalogues populated with ready-to-use templates. They can even manage multiple storefronts centrally.
- Web to print technology is growing to incorporate distribution and personalization of a wide range of products e.g. business cards, invitations, brochures, flyers, banners, posters, labels, greeting cards as well as marketing materials like presentations, web sites, seminars, logo items etc.
- A Web2print solution gives your customers the power to upload their artwork or design their products online from scratch or following a template, proof read it and place the order online.
- Prepress reviews can be done online, allowing the print house, customer, and possibly a graphic designer to create, edit, and approve the final artwork online.
- The output format is generally PDF which is readily printable and does not need any prepress handling. Orders placed online can be directly routed to into the queue for production.
- Charge customers for orders in real time to maintain positive cash flow. Online payment gateways facilitate your customers to pay through various options like credit cards, paypal, bank wire etc.
- With ability of integration with major couriers such as FedEx, UPS, DHL, and even the USPS, shipping fees can often be calculated in real time and turnaround time is greatly improved with the ability to fulfil orders within 24 hours.
- Offer better customer service because end-users can get quick quotes online right from the desktop. Once the order is placed, they can also track the order throughout the process from a dashboard.
- Print houses or service provider can track the status of any job at any point in the process and various reports (shipping, orders, and inventory) can be printed and/or exported into an electronic format.
In nutshell, web2print allows print service providers an opportunity for higher client retention, ability to process large number of low-dollar-value orders to maintain cash flow and grow revenues and expand market reach beyond local footprint.
If you are a print service provider or printing house looking for a cost effective and easy to use web2print solution for your business, please share your requirements with us. Leveraging our years of experience in this domain, we surely are ready to offer the most suitable web2print solution to serve all your needs and get your business the leading edge.