The retail printing service market has undergone a drastic transformation in the past decade. Firstly, the consciousness and pricing of digital printing gear has radically permitted small players to endeavor into this market.
As compared to regular, digital printing technology surely offers superior quality and is preferred choice for short run jobs. Digital printing has started to get good reviews and has received appreciation in all aspects of printing and.
Nevertheless, digital printing provides the most suitable and adaptable alternate to offset and screen-printing in certain cases. The digital print procedure is actually a customary selection at current when it comes to short run printing jobs like printing advertisement banners, flyers and posters etc. as well as variable data printing where each piece has different information to be printed based on some per-defined criteria or fields.
Before we understand the advantages of digital printing, we must first understand what digital printing precisely is.
Digital printing prints a picture from a computer to a printer onto a material directly without the use of an intermediary article such as a printing plate.
While In offset printing, the desired print image is burned onto a plate and is then transferred (or offset) from the plate to a rubber blanket, and then to the printing surface.
The Advantages of Digital Printing
- Fast turnaround time, saving time & cost.
- Requires fewer skilled manpower as manual intervention is very low.
- More accuracy and each print are guaranteed to be same without much variation.
- Needs less setup gear and therefore the reaction time is comparatively more rapid.
- Low cost per print for smaller print jobs as it involves very low setup fee.
- Digital printing is also referred to as variable printing. Because you can have each printed portion with exclusive details on them, offering for bespoke output that no analogue based method will be able to offer.
Quick, accurate and speedy digital printing is an eye-catching field of business and is progressively growing industrial trend.